Freedom of Information (FOI)

You have the right to request information held by public authorities, as set out in the and

On this page you will find the Publication Scheme for Ji8腦瞳厙. It contains links to key areas of content that you may want to explore. You can also view our Freedom of Information Policy under information regulations in the policies and regulations section of our website. If you need additional information, please get in touch.

Publication Scheme

Welcome to Ji8腦瞳厙's Freedom of Information Publication Scheme – developed in accordance with the ICO's .

The links below will help you find key information relating to Ji8腦瞳厙. Please contact the FOI team if you have any comments or queries about the Publication Scheme.

Who we are and what we do

General information

Information relating to organisations which the University has responsibility for including Partners, those it sponsors and companies owned by it

Student activities

The services we offer

What we spend

Funding and income

Our financial statements contain information regarding sources of funding and income.

Financial audit reports

Capital programme


  • The University reserves the right not to publish information that can be considered commercially sensitive, in accordance with Section 43 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Internal financial regulations

Register of suppliers


Staff pay


  • Visit the website to see contracts currently available for public tender and reports of successful tenders. Enter ‘kingston+university' in the ‘Search' field and click the ‘Search' button to retrieve information relating to Ji8腦瞳厙.

What our priorities are

How we make decisions

Please see How the University works for information on the Governance structure of the University and its main decision-making bodies.

Minutes are available on request from the FOI team.

Policies and regulations

View policies and regulations for Ji8腦瞳厙.

Lists and registers

CCTV cameras in use

The number of CCTV cameras Ji8腦瞳厙 has in use, by postcode location:

  • 605 cameras in KT1, KT2, KT4, KT5
  • 45 cameras in SW15
  • 43 cameras in KT6

View the CCTV code of practice policy, under information regulations in the policies and regulations section of our website.

Need additional information?

You can request to receive information not covered in the Publication Scheme, but we are only able to provide records that we hold.

We aim to respond within 20 working days.

Submit an information request

How to submit a freedom of information request

To make a request under the provisions of the , please:

Contact the FOI team or send a letter to:

Compliance and Information Governance Unit,
FOI Requests,
Holmwood House,
Grove Crescent,
Kingston-upon-Thames KT1 2EE,

Please include:

  • your name;
  • address for correspondence (if sent via post);
  • a description of the information you are looking for.

Please note: Requests for personal information are covered by the Data Protection Act 2018. Please complete the Data Subject Request form if you are requesting personal information.


What is not covered under the Freedom of Information Act?

The Act sets out exemptions where the right to access information may be refused. This includes:

  • personal information;
  • information which is prejudicial to the commercial interests of the University or a third party;
  • information that is already accessible by other means.

In some cases, the University is required to consider the public interest in determining whether to rely on an exemption. In all cases, you will receive an explanation quoting the relevant exemption and an explanation of your rights of appeal to the Information Commissioner.

You will find more .

Fees guidance

Cost of Freedom of Information requests

Documents available electronically, either via links in this Publication Scheme or via an email will be supplied free of charge.

A charge will not normally be made for hard copy paper documents, but the University reserves the right to recover copying costs if the requested documents exceed 100 pages.

You will be notified of any payment prior to the request being fulfilled.

See the .


What do you think?

It is important that our freedom of information content meets your needs. If you find the information on this page difficult to understand, please let us know.

Send your feedback to the FOI team.


How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy with the service that you have received in relation to either this Publication Scheme or any other request that you have made to the University under the Freedom of Information Act, and wish to make a complaint or request a review of the University's decision, please:

Contact the FOI team or write to:

Compliance and Information Governance Unit,
Freedom of Information Requests,
Holmwood House,
Grove Crescent,
Kingston-upon-Thames KT1 2EE,

Unresolved complaints

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can contact the , the independent body who oversees the Freedom of Information Act:

Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House,
Water Lane,
SK9 5AF,

Contact us

Please get in touch if you have queries relating to freedom of information requests – we are here to help.